Justin and Brooke

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Brayden Everett Doggett

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Growing up is fun to do.....




I had to post about my little boy and the progress he is making. First, let me start out by saying that I always thought I would want him to stay a newborn, but I was wrong. Don't get me wrong, I cherish his newborn days, but they were rough to put it lightly! When a baby is first born, all they do is sleep for the first week (I would say). One day they wake up and Fussy Magee enters the world. Brayden had colic so he was fussier than most babies. Everyone kept telling us to just wait until he turns three months. Well, he is almost three months and he is so amazing! He is smiling, cooing, kicking his legs, SLEEPING, and just so much fun. If the third trimester wasn't so bad, I would ask the doctor to keep our next baby (not anytime soon guys) in there until he or she was 3 months. I have tears in my eyes at this moment just thinking about how adorable and fun he is. I can't wait for the years to come. Last night and this morning was so cute, because every time his daddy would talk to him he would smile. That is all it took was a simple "Hello Brayden" or "Whatcha doing fella" and he grinned from ear to ear. He get this energetic movement going with his feet and his arms that just cracks me up. His eyes get really big and he just lays on the bed kicking and cooing. We are so lucky and there is so much more joy in our lives now that he is here. Every moment with him is priceless!

On another note, Justin took Brayden to the beach without me....yes....without ME!!!!! I had to work on Memorial Day (yes I work at a college that doesn't observe this holiday for some odd reason) so the Thursday before the holiday I was talking to Justin and our convo went like this:

Justin: Gosh, I really wish we could go to the beach....I mean I could take Brayden and you could get a relaxing weekend to yourself

Me: Well, why don't you go (thinking he would never go for this)

Justin: Okay, great! Let me know by the end of today so I can let my family know we are coming

Me: Wait....wait.....no I mean I don't know if I want you to go with my baby. I was just saying that because I really didn't think you would go (thinking to myself oh gosh what have I done...also thinking the most horrific things about Brayden getting hurt...I am ridiculous at times)

I got off the phone with Justin and immediately called my mom. I just knew she would help me out with this situation. I knew she would say that it wasn't a good idea, and then I could call Justin back and tell him No way Jose. Well, I was wrong. My mom thought it was a great idea. In fact, she told me that I should feel lucky to have a husband that wants to spend time with his little boy and give me a break to relax. Ugh!!! I do feel lucky, but my baby is going to the beach for the first time without me. What if he gets burned? What if he miraculously starts walking (at 2 1/2 months) and walks into the ocean and drowns? What if a huge wave comes up and wipes out the whole beach? Yes, I know I am crazy!

Needless to say, he went to the beach and was perfectly fine. I cried a lot while he was gone, but I am so thankful that Justin got to spend time with him. He is a wonderful daddy, and I am the luckiest woman in the world! Justin said that he loves the water, which we kind of already figured that because he loves bath time. He said that he was crying and Justin put his feet in the water and he stopped. I had a list of rules that I sent with Justin, but the two main ones were (1) Do not burn him...in fact do not let him get an ounce of sun and (2) take tons of pictures. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy!

2 comments:

Lindsey B said...

Wow - what a strong momma you are to let your baby go to the beach without you!

The pictures are precious - and I'm sure you will be at the beach with him to witness it all soon!

Brooke and Justin said...

Thanks, Lindsey! It was difficult, but he was very well taken care of. We have him a little kiddy pool that we are going to try out soon so I will get to see him in that.