Justin and Brooke

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Brayden Everett Doggett

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Brooke's Spaghetti Recipe







Ingredients:
• 1 lb. of ground chuck or ground turkey
•1/2 or less of a small chopped (use more or less depending on how much you like onions)
•1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
•1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
•1 package of McCormick spaghetti seasoning (my family prefers Thick and Zesty kind but they make one with mushrooms that is good if you like mushrooms)
•Water
•16 oz bag of noodles (you won't use all of the noodles....I usually do half or a little more than half the bag)

Directions:
Brown onion and meet in a sauce pan and drain grease. Add all other ingredients (you need to add water to the sauce or it will be too thick...I usually fill my tomato sauce can with water and add it to my sauce). Cover and simmer on low medium, occasionally stirring for 30 minutes to an hour (the longer it simmers the better but if you are in a hurry, you can simmer for 20 to 30 and it will be fine). Serve over cooked noodles.

Tip:
You can double the recipe and freeze the extra sauce for a quick meal. The sauce is also great when used to make lasagna!

This recipe has been passed down from my grandma to my mom to me and now to you and your family. Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Bekah said...

I am so glad you posted this! No joke, last week I was thinking I needed to email you and ask for the recipe again. I know you had given it to me before but I can't find it and it is seriously some of the best spaghetti I have ever had!