Justin and Brooke

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Brayden Everett Doggett

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sooooo....

I have majorly neglected our blog. I love blogging. It makes me happy! I was reading Annalee's blog and I love how she has themes for certain days. I think that will help me....plus I now have an app on my phone that helps me write from any location. With that said....since I am writing on a Thursday, the theme is Thoughtful Thursday!

Miss Shelia is who I think of when I think of thoughtful things. She keeps Brayden and she is our gift from God! When Brayden had cradle cap, she worked everyday to grease his hair with oil and pick out the dry pieces with a toothbrush. When he was diagnosed with eczema, she put his creams on him faithfully. She loves him as if he was her own and he loves her too!

Warning (a little graphic): Brayden had his one year shots and he didn't see our normal doctor. He saw a female doctor. Female is important in this story because of what she did. Brayden is circumcised so when he was younger we had to "peel his banana" to keep the skin from growing. Well, I thought we could stop but I was wrong. His skin had reattached so the female doc ripped it apart. Brayden has been in pain from that and his urine irritates it. This is where miss shelia comes back in the story...miss shelia let him sleep at nap time without a diaper. I mean I don't even think I would let him do that and I am his mom! She risked a BIG mess in order to make her lil man comfortable. She is amazing and we are so lucky to have her!

Anyways, have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Abby said...

I missed Thoughtful Thursday, but wanted you to know I loved seeing you last week! I miss you!