Justin and Brooke

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Brayden Everett Doggett

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 2- Chicago Trip




Today has been a very nice and relaxing. It is raining here so the plan to go swimming outside was postponed for another day. Thankfully, this hotel has an indoor pool as well. Poor Justin has been in class since 8 this morning. We will be happy when his training is over and he can enjoy the trip with us.

Brayden slept like a log last night and this morning. Justin and I couldn't believe it. He woke up at his usual 5 am but went right back to sleep after his bottle. This traveling must have worn that baby down. He finally woke up around 8:30. We played and giggled at each other for 30 minutes then I kicked it into high gear. My goal was to find the pool and make sure it wasn't too cold for my little man. We tested the water temp and it felt great. We headed back to the room to put on our swimsuits, and then off to the pool we went. I bought a floatie at Target for Brayden. He loved it! He had a great time swimming. He kept laughing and kicking his legs and talking. I was so excited that he liked it so much. We swam for a little while but not as long as I had planned due to the water being colder than I thought. After swimming, Brayden was exhausted. Even the ladies on the elevator commented on how tired he looked (and how cute he was...of course). I laid him in the bed and he fell right asleep. I didn't have to rock him or anything. Swimming can wear a fella down!

Tonight we are going to the Rainforest Cafe to eat. We are excited, because we think Brayden is going to love looking at all of the animals and forests. I am not sure about their food but you can't beat the atmosphere when you have a 5 month old (well almost 5 month old) who loves looking at everything. It is so amazing experiencing life through a baby's eyes. Everything is new and exciting. Everyone and everything is funny. Justin and I are so lucky to be able to experience these things with Brayden. Also, it is amazing to see how much a baby brings joy to others. Everywhere we go, people are going crazy over Brayden. This one lady was not smiling at all but when she saw Brayden her face just lit up.

Also, I have more pictures to share, but the Internet is very slow. I will keep trying to post them.

No comments: